Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

I love what I do!

Do you know that feeling when you are dead tired in the evening, and yet you are full of an unidentified kind of energy somehow?

It is when you love what you do.

You love it in spite of what it puts you through, in spite of the long hours that seem to stretch forever. 

You love it because you were molded to do it. Because you were born with an instinct for it. 

You sometimes hate yourself for enjoying it, you hate yourself for being so glad for being so tired.

You are finally home after a long day of work. You are drenched. Still, you are restless. Your mind is buzzing with endless details, endless questions, endless doubts. 

You doubt yourself. You doubt others. You overestimate yourself. You overestimate others. You underestimate yourself. You underestimate others.

You feel depressed. You feel drained.

You are on the top of the world. You are the lowest of the low.

You are hypertensive. You are energetic. You are sick. 

You have a voice. No one seems to hear you. You scream. You shut up.

You compete. They compete.

You strike. You lose. 

You make it. You don't.

You like it. Oh no you don't!

They are nice. And they suck.

You are special. They are angels. You are a demon. They are too.

You can. They can. They can even better.

You compete. They compete.

You run. They simply hide.

You blame them. They blame you.

You will make it. They already did. 

You are beat. You are sad. You are happy. You are mad.
(a meager attempt to poetize an otherwise undercreative piece with two words I just came up with while explaining it)

You are singing. They are dancing... on the table.

You join them. Or you will, eventually.

You are a table dancer, I tell you. 

Oh man do I love it!

It makes every cell in my brain work at double speed. Working gives me such a rush!

I look forward to my bogus poker and reading evenings because when I have them I get to look forward to work!

Is there anything you can't do? Bullshit! There is nothing you can't do you wuss!

Did I just call my readers wusses? I am such a shitty writer!

1 comment: