Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Smoker's Rant ... In Doha

I have been in Doha for a week or so now, and although I like this city and have enjoyed it the first time around and am enjoying it now as well, the one thing that really bugs me is the non smoking policy all over the Qatari capital.

I have a lot on my mind today and many things weighing on my conscience, but to allude this sense of heaviness, I decided to tackle a subject that even if related to Doha, isn't my biggest problem today: smoking.

I am staying in a fine 5 stars hotel - I am not sure how it acquired all those shiny stars, since the food sucks and I can't smoke - in which the only place I am allowed to smoke is the terrace.

I hate this terrace! Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful terrace with comfortable chairs, good coffee, the whole nine yards, but it is too damn windy out there!!!

I tell you, and trust me on this one, I am not a light weight girl, I am heavy, real heavy, but apparently not heavy enough to hold myself down on a chair on this terrace!

This morning while trying to have my coffee on the terrace, it occurred to me that smoking itself isn't the cause for death, it is the pneumonia smokers catch on terraces while trying to smoke that is killing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment