Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Do You Believe In Luck?

Do you? I do. I do because I believe in everything that offers both a thesis and an antithesis. 

The thesis goes as follows: You are lucky.
The antithesis is therefore logically: You are unlucky.

Luck. People crave it. People want it more than anything. They want it to interfere with every aspect of their lives. Work, family, cards, games, school, love, finding a cab, buying a house, traveling, lottery, etc...

People even depend on it. Take poker players for example.

Well let us get back to our constant subject, me. Me and my luck. Or my lack of it to be more precise.

Have you ever had the feeling that it is all backfiring on you? That somehow whatever you do and no matter how much effort you devote to your ends, something always gets in the way?

I am sure you have. But I am also sure you have never experienced it for 25 consecutive years.
I have.

My sole wish at the moment is that something, anything, works for me. I don't really care if it is as simple as finding a ride to work easily. Even that will leave me content and most grateful. I am that desperate for some luck in any shape, any.

I would love it if one day I would manage to skip the insomnia part and go right to the part where I snore.
I will wrap it up with this thought in hope it will come to life tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment